Many builders and pool builders are understandably nervous about their builders CPD points. It’s a requirement and if a builder fails to secure 12 building CPD points a year, the NSW Office of Fair Trading can revoke a builder’s license—meaning the builder is trading illegally.
Since making changes to the CPD points for builders program in 2008, the NSW Office of Fair Trading has made it easier for builders to earn CPD points. One of the major changes…it’s now possible to earn CPD points online through companies like Blueprint CPD. There’s no need to travel and no need to pay to attend seminars.
Builders also want to know about the continuing professional development for builders coursework. You should not worry…the coursework is valuable and will help with business development—and help you run a business more effectively.
Let’s take a look at some of the building CPD courses offered by Blueprint CPD.
- Business Management
- Understanding Your Business Better
- Head Contract Tender Submission
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Scope Management
- Quality Management
- Meeting Management
- Business Structures
- Creating a Partnering Approach
- Programming your Project
- Project Time & Cost Management
- Contract Administration
- Contracts Checklist
- Effective Quoting – up to and including Lock Up
- Effective Quoting for Full Project
- Subcontract/Supplier Tender Evaluation
- Tendering & Procurement
- Environmental Management Planning
- Environmental Obligations.
These subjects comprise the core of the building CPD curriculum. They provide a wealth of useful information for all builders and pool builders looking for continuing professional development for builders—and a more viable and successful business.
You can discover…
- Getting a clearer understanding of important factors that drive your business.
- How clients evaluate tenders.
- Work breakdown structures.
- Understanding quality management and its applications within the building industry.
- How to run successful meetings.
- Promoting a ‘client for life’ philosophy.
- A clearer understanding of the mediation process.
- Faster and more accurate quoting of projects.
So…while you may be looking at getting CPD points as a bit of a chore, what you’ll learn will certainly help you in your business.